I recently had some new drywall installed and then installers did a mud job on all joints and screw heads. Before priming the walls I noticed there were some small areas that need touch up, either because the mesh tape was showing through, there were small gouges in the mud, or the corners had hairline cracks.

I know its a simple fix of filling those areas then sanding down before painting, but Im hoping to get some advice on what type of product to use. Should I be using joint compound, spackle? What is the difference between the two, and what would work best in this situation. Thanks