+ Reply to Thread

Default best way to dissolve lint

can anyone give me their advice to disolve built up lint in the washing machine drain.
    there are three drains that go to the main waste pipe and all are ok except the washer drain leading me to believe it is a lint build up due to many years of use without a filter.
    there is a very old style brass trap and all the pipes seem too old to mess with so rather then make repairs worse and more costly I would like to know if there is a specific brand liquid drain cleaner that will dissolve the lint build up before I go the other route.
    of course the house is old and when it was built no one ever considered having to service anything so the pipes are hard to get to for replacment.
    My wife does'nt understand about messing with old plumbing and she just wants it fixed, I know what will happen if I start touching these old pipes, its not a job I want to do in the middle of the winter.

any advice? thanks

Default Re: best way to dissolve lint

Hi, what worked. I have renters who took lint trap out and now have issue

Fix by calling a plumber then installing the bill into the renters hands for doing something that stupid. After that consider removing those renters- they're obviously defective- and installing higher-quality ones. The lease should expressly forbid any unapproved alterations to your property.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Travelcamel View Post
    Hi, what worked. I have renters who took lint trap out and now have issue
    Don't let tenants abuse your property. If you let them, they will drive you to chapter 11.

Drain issues are not that serious, still you have to deal with them, because going untreated, they will become major. Sometimes tenants will report you, the landlord, to the city, for damages caused by them, arguing that they don't have to pay rent until all issues are resolved - issues that they have brought by their damages.

If you are an absentee landlord, or if you hire a management company to represent you, you must stay on top of everything. After all, it's your property - do you want to let it go?