+ Reply to Thread

Default ceiling and crown molding problem

Hey gang!!!

My wife and i decide to take out an existing walk in closet to make our bedroom larger. after the demo, i was standing in the doorway to the bedroom and noticed that there is a difference in the ceiling height from where the old closet wall was and the existing ceiling is... i would say the difference is about 2 inches.--------- _________ thats how bad the drop is...the thing is the drywall is tight to the joists....any ideas on how to conceal that. I wanted to install crown but after seeing that there is no way that would work,,,the only other brainiack idea i had was to put a plant hanger there and hide it...but i dont like that...any ideas would help

Default Re: ceiling and crown molding problem

I believe the first thing I would do is pull down some of the ceiling and see why it's 2" lower.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: ceiling and crown molding problem

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I believe the first thing I would do is pull down some of the ceiling and see why it's 2" lower.
    Jack
    Or take a trip up to the attic.

If the ceiling cannot be changed, you could fur it down a little further and crown around it. The drop section could be decorated slightly different to create a cozier space.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!