+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Rheem Furnace Problem

I have a Rheem furnace model# rrka-a024jk08e. In the past week I have had to replace the main control board because it was burnt up. After replacing, there is no power going to the direct spark igniter. The blower fan and inducer fan run though, even with the thermostat in the off position.I bypassed the limit switch and the gas pressure switch. Still did not work. Any help would be appreciated..
    Last edited by apbj68; 01-24-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Default Re: Rheem Furnace Problem

Quote Originally Posted by apbj68 View Post
    I have a Rheem furnace model# rrka-a024jk08e. In the past week I have had to replace the main control board because it was burnt up. After replacing, there is no power going to the direct spark igniter. The blower fan and inducer fan run though, even with the thermostat in the off position.I bypassed the limit switch and the gas pressure switch. Still did not work. Any help would be appreciated..

Check the fuse at control board. If you have one and sometimes new board does not come with fuse.
    They uses blade type automotive fuse. Most of them use 3 amp fuse.

If your unit have fuse or does not require fuse then check the main reason for burnt control panel. Control panel don't burn itself, something must've cause them to burn out.
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.