+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default new pole barn question

I just had a new pole barn put up and had a couple of questions;
    I am using fiberglass batting as the insulation

I am using cans of sprayfoam along the top and bottom of the wall to fill in the gaps from the ribbed steel, will this be enough or should I use the foam at every horizontal stud to fill the space at the ribs?

Once I get my walls done, what will I need to know before starting the insulation on the roof.

Default Re: new pole barn question

Hello,

I'm insulating my pole barn also. I've been using spray foam on all the gaps of the metal ribs along the top , bottom and corners of the walls not just for stopping cold but to hopefully to keep out the mice it seem to be a easy access for them. Seeing their tracks in the snow on the outside of the wall were I havenít spray foamed and insulated.

Also, One thing to consider. When insulating a pole barn with metal siding and when the metal is cold and the walls are warm it will condensate which will make the insulation damp or wet. Like a aluminum pop or soda can in the summertime when you remove it from the refrigerator and it starts to condensate or sweat. I bought some heavy plastic in the roll and stapled it to the post and the 2x4 runners from top and bottom. Then enclosed the walls and then use blown in insulation.
    Hope this helps some!

Default Re: new pole barn question

Thanks, that helps a ton