+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disruptive Member

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Let's not go there just yet. The intention of this thread is to work WITH the Administrators and Moderators in an attempt to make this site a better place. We are collectively calling on them to answer our questions and concerns and work with us towards that goal.

You're make'n me laugh.........

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    You're make'n me laugh.........
    At least someone is laughing at a serious problem.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    At least someone is laughing at a serious problem.
    If "they" do not give a shit why should you?

"They" do not. It is their site.

You are better off to laugh. Life is way to short......... Ask yourself...... Will any of it matter in a year? A month? A week? A day?

NEC
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (attributed to Edmund Burke)
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If "they" do not give a shit why should you?
    I ask myself that very same question every day. What it comes down to is this, I would like to see TOH be the best that it can be, which is only possible through active moderation and a membership base that cares. I happen to care about what happens here, and I know that the majority of the regular contributors agree with me.

What personally drives me most is the very public that the TOH and ATOH programs, as well as this site cater to. The very public that comes here thinking that they are getting advice from the on air personalities, which they do not. The public that comes here, relying on the TOH name, thinking that they're getting help from TOH affiliated professionals, which they are not.

Most of us here have been in the trade for the better portion of our lives. We want to pay forward our knowledge, experience, good will, and good nature, as well as to dispel the fraudulent claims and actions of individuals with ulterior or fraudulent motives.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    It would appear that if you are a regular contributor you are more likely to get banned than if you are troll constantly badgering others.

I too, petition for the reinstatement of canuk, kentvw, and asc2078.

Jack
    I was wondering what happened to those fine folk. Well if they were banned they can ban me as well.

I guess I have become pretty jaded with my attitude towards the TOH forums. It all started on the old forum which was moderated even less than this one is. I care about the people that post here and have tried to give the best advice possible from my own personal experience and expertise.

For the core group here, I think most find it baffling that the folks who admin and moderate this site do not take a more active role in what happens and what is posted here. To me anyway, it seems as if the admin and mod’s are blind to the absolute BS and berating caused by one member and they just let it continue on.

I have tried and tried to view the site as an admin or mod here. It is a very high profile site and the threads are made a shambles by one poster……….. Why? Why doesn’t TOH do something about it? Are they blind?

I administrate an electrical construction web site and the offensive poster knows exactly who I am. We have a peaceful, informative, educational and fun site through joint active administration and moderation. Her posts and membership would be deleted by me and she knows that as well, should she post the tripe she posts here.

Why can’t that happen here at TOH is beyond me.

I guess I have become pretty jaded with my attitude towards the TOH forums. It all started on the old forum which was moderated even less than this one is. I care about the people that post here and have tried to give the best advice possible from my own personal experience and expertise.

For the core group here, I think most find it baffling that the folks who admin and moderate this site do not take a more active role in what happens and what is posted here. To me anyway, it seems as if the admin and mod’s are blind to the absolute BS and berating caused by one member and they just let it continue on.

I have tried and tried to view the site as an admin or mod here. It is a very high profile site and the threads are made a shambles by one poster……….. Why? Why doesn’t TOH do something about it? Are they blind?

I administrate an electrical construction web site and the offensive poster knows exactly who I am. We have a peaceful, informative, educational and fun site through joint active administration and moderation. Her posts and membership would be deleted by me and she knows that as well, should she post the tripe she posts here.

Why can’t that happen here at TOH is beyond me.
    Welcome back Kent.

HOLY MACKERAL!!

This just takes the cake.
    Count me in the petion for reinstating Canuk.
    Like many other regulars Canuk has provided informative and helpful posts even with a little humor,which is a good thing.

Come on TOH time to smell the coffee.

I think that this will adequately explain the root cause of the difficulties that this person is causing . http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd