+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disruptive Member

don't forget

Dan Ackroyd

Marcus Farcus

Grey Watson

Gray Watson
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

We can also add -

Leslie3093 or was it 3091 ?? Whatever.

And the infamous "Yess_she_IS_Naughty"....which is the handle she used on the old board to viciously attack Lazy Pup.

I *think* both of those alters were also banned.

I miss LP.....as well as kentvw. They were both very valuable to this forum, willingly to give of their time and professional expertise to help others........besides just being nice guys.

And then there's MoonMaedyn...who was also driven off for good when the "disruptive member" stole her username during the switch over to the new board. Miss her, too. The stolen handle has never been used to make a post. I'm not surprised at all because that wasn't the objective. http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/member.php?u=1937
    Last edited by goldhiller; 01-25-2009 at 09:48 PM.

Don't forget asc2078 who was ridden until he fired back and got suspended and hasn't been back.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

In defense of the moderators, it's impossible to keep someone from changing their alias and coming back. You can't ban by IP address anymore, because most home users' ISPs use dynamic addressing and rebooting the router often gets you a new address. But I do wish they'd be more vigilant about responding to reports.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

The are ways to prevent same people coming back with different alias and dynamic ip address but it is not going to work on this existing forum board.
    This bulletin board belongs to Stone Age. It is too old and prone to spammers and lack of security.........ask me how I know that........

TOH needs to change to different vbulletin board with the latest upgrade. TOH needs to keep up with ever changing internet technology.
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWalt View Post
    The are ways to prevent same people coming back with different alias and dynamic ip address but it is not going to work on this existing forum board.
    This bulletin board belongs to Stone Age. It is too old and prone to spammers and lack of security.........ask me how I know that........

TOH needs to change to different vbulletin board with the latest upgrade. TOH needs to keep up with ever changing internet technology.
    Valid points & well said.

To bring this discussion back to topic, why is the same individual that's been banned so many times still allowed to post, despite repeated reports by the other members that this disruptive individual is once again back? It would seem a small task to verify what the reports are saying, that this banned individual is back, disrupting the flow of information, and degrading any topic they "participate" in into utter chaos.

It is beyond the means of this disruptive individual to make civil, on topic posts, even their signature line is an affront to the longstanding member here as well as TOH itself. The sole purpose of this individual is to be disruptive, rude, harassing, and otherwise problematic. According to the site rules and regulations, all valid reasons for being banned. Why, must the site be degraded, and the regular professional member forced to endure the defamatory antics of this single individual with nothing better to do than disrupt an otherwise wonderful forum?

The members of TOH collectively ask that this individual be dealt with promptly. We're here in support of this site and of the trade. We report the posts as they happen and because we're here nearly every day, we know the habits and signs of this single habitual offender. Please take our reports seriously, please be more diligent in dealing with this repeat offender. There is no need for leniency in the matters of a repeat offender who's been banned so many times before for the same exact reasons.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    In defense of the moderators, it's impossible to keep someone from changing their alias and coming back.
    Yes ma'am . You got that right .

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    In defense of the moderators, it's impossible to keep someone from changing their alias and coming back..
    Quote Originally Posted by WitchDoctor View Post
    Yes ma'am . You got that right .
    Yes, maybe so, but those of us that are here every day, we know the posting style of "the one" and we report it when it returns. It doesn't take much time or effort to verify the reports made by everyone to know when "the one" has returned. All we're asking here is that a modicum of effort is made to keep the forums a safe and sane place for everyone and not let a single individual repeatedly destroy all the work that TOH and that the regular members have striven for so many.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a. Spruce View Post
    to bring this discussion back to topic, why is the same individual that's been banned so many times still allowed to post, despite repeated reports by the other members that this disruptive individual is once again back? It would seem a small task to verify what the reports are saying, that this banned individual is back, disrupting the flow of information, and degrading any topic they "participate" in into utter chaos.

It is beyond the means of this disruptive individual to make civil, on topic posts, even their signature line is an affront to the longstanding member here as well as toh itself. The sole purpose of this individual is to be disruptive, rude, harassing, and otherwise problematic. According to the site rules and regulations, all valid reasons for being banned. Why, must the site be degraded, and the regular professional member forced to endure the defamatory antics of this single individual with nothing better to do than disrupt an otherwise wonderful forum?

The members of toh collectively ask that this individual be dealt with promptly. We're here in support of this site and of the trade. We report the posts as they happen and because we're here nearly every day, we know the habits and signs of this single habitual offender. Please take our reports seriously, please be more diligent in dealing with this repeat offender. There is no need for leniency in the matters of a repeat offender who's been banned so many times before for the same exact reasons.
    iow.........
    Attached Images Attached Images