+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Disruptive Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    ROFL

nicely done ****y
    Thank you, but........fact is that my state of mind concerning all this at the moment is best kept to the graphics.......lest I get banned for "inappropriate" language.

Sprucey deserves the real credit cause he not only started this very needed thread.....but also seems to have a real talent for expressing our collective views in a much more "diplomatic" fashion than I likely would.

I have to say it's about time this is coming out.
    Considering the person in question is the reason for my long absence from this forum.

Many points have already been raised but mainly the atmosphere around here is soured when the person in question acts up.
    Who wants to be around here when that occurs and one has to wonder why This Old House would allow someone like this to taint the enjoyable atmosphere that was once a reason to visit here.

It's not impossible to police the forum in a regular manner. Plenty of forums have participating moderators who have the abilty to control the forum and with success.

Nice to see you back here.

Bumpity bump.

I would like an explanation from the Admin as to why canuk was banned on 2/13/09. Canuk has always been a great source of info, just like the rest of us. We've all had our run ins with the resident troublemaker and spouted off. What occurred in the last few days to warrant him getting banned when there was nothing openly posted? I'm sincerely hoping that this was an error in judgment, for if it isn't, then you will certainly see the disgruntled reaction from most of the major contributors of this site!

Just for the record, I monitor this site, whether I'm posting or not, from the time I turn my computer on in the morning to the time it gets turned off at night, somewhere in the vicinity of 16 hours a day. Do I see every little minutia of what goes on, no, but I am privy to a good amount of it and to my knowledge nothing occurred on Friday to warrant canuk getting the boot.

The major contributors of the TOH forums are not happy with the current means of business in the way that this forum is handled. We do NOT get responses to our questions, we do NOT get responses to our reports of misbehavior, good folks get banned for little to no reason while the resident troublemaker continues to live on with no supervision what-so-ever.

We only want what is best for TOH, Time Inc, and the many DIY'rs and homeowners who visit here looking for professional help. Please work with us to provide that, or get your TOH and ATOH on camera personalities that your viewers are expecting and coming here for, to provide input. All we, the major contributors, are asking for is fair play.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Ditto what Sprucey said......except that I am also requesting that you rescind the ban on Canuk.

Same holds for Kentvw and asc2078. Neither of these individuals should have been banned..and I request that you also rescind those bans promptly. Instead, the actual troublemaker should have been banned.......but wasn't.

In addition.....I again request that the trouble-instigator be banned....and be kept banned...no matter which/what alter she is using to spew her venom.......whether masked underneath or slipped between the lines of the plethora of Googled info....or whether naked and literally imposssible to dismiss as something other. She LOATHES the Galactically Stupid social group which was formed solely and directly as a result of her calling us.....exactly that. She is to be found frequently voicing her complaints and insults against all members of said group.......without any provocation or reason whatsoever.

If you are unsure as to which person/username this is........simply read this thread in its entirety. (Marcus Farcus is the most often currently-used handle.....although there are other alters in play.....and will no doubt be more in the future.) She is indeed.....a child on the playground that no one wants to play with....and for good reason. She has a *long* history/reputation here that is richly deserved. Think sociopath - antisocial personality disorder. This was once a nice peaceful and very helpful forum for years on end.......until she first appeared. It's been all downhill ever since. She has been banned numerous times under numerous different handles/usernames.....but continues to sneak/force her way back in with newly established usernames......only to take up where she left off with her venom-spewing.

We (the non-troublemaking contributors of this forum - many of us long-term contributors) all have better things to do with our time & efforts than spend it being assaulted by this individual.....be it here on the TOH forum or elsewhere. I, for one.....intend to leave this forum and contribute help to folks elsewhere if this problem is not addressed in both a prompt and effective manner. Enough is enough.....period. Your banning of Canuk is *the* last straw. Since it's readily apparent that she (the resident and ONLY long-term troublemaker) wants the place all to herself.... and if you agree that's the preferable choice of the two options....then by all means ...let her have it. Ban me instead.

PS- I will not/ do not.... use this same username on other forums... so that the resident troublemaker (troll) here cannot search me out (via Google, of course) and continue with her infantile assaults there also. I recommend that all of the current contributors here who intend to also leave if the problem is not remedied promptly.......or eventually also get their fill of it.....do the same. Life is too short. Spend it wisely, folks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by goldhiller; 02-14-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Ditto what Sprucey said......except that I am also requesting that you rescind the ban on Canuk.
    Agreed, while not specifically state this, it is what prompted my latest post.

I again want to make it perfectly clear to the Admin and moderators, the collective group of regular contributors only want what is best for this site, the head office, and ALL of the users of this site.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

It would appear that if you are a regular contributor you are more likely to get banned than if you are troll constantly badgering others.

I too, petition for the reinstatement of canuk, kentvw, and asc2078.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Canuk got the boot?!??!

This forum is really turning into This Old Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by bp21901 View Post
    Canuk got the boot?!??!

This forum is really turning into This Old Leslie
    Let's not go there just yet. The intention of this thread is to work WITH the Administrators and Moderators in an attempt to make this site a better place. We are collectively calling on them to answer our questions and concerns and work with us towards that goal.