View Poll Results: Do Oil-Rubbed Bronze fixtures and faucets go with stainless steel appliances?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Exclamation Stainless Steel and Oil Rubbed Bronze

So, I selected Oil-Rubbed bronze fixtures, hinges, faucets, etc. all around my brown vessel sink in my guest bathroom... Now I've realized that I have stainless steel appliances (which I purchased over a year ago because they were on sale and have stored them until now)... IS this a design NO-NO? I imagine it will look funny. My cabinets are antique white, and my knobs and pulls are also oil rubbed bronze.

Default Re: Stainless Steel and Oil Rubbed Bronze

You're kidding right?
    If I only knew what I was doing!

No, I just posted a question to be silly? I went through the pain of setting up an account to post a question just out of pure boredom to put a stupid question up in thread... OF COURSE I'M NOT KIDDING. I've seen some pics, and my contractor says he's done it in many a home... I'm thinking about just going with it. I'd change appliances before I'd change everything else.

Courtesy of Michael Lowry Photography
    Last edited by eefiekeenie; 01-24-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: add pic

Quote Originally Posted by eefiekeenie View Post
    So, I selected Oil-Rubbed bronze fixtures, hinges, faucets, etc. all around my brown vessel sink in my guest bathroom... Now I've realized that I have stainless steel appliances (which I purchased over a year ago because they were on sale and have stored them until now)... IS this a design NO-NO? I imagine it will look funny. My cabinets are antique white, and my knobs and pulls are also oil rubbed bronze.
    This is just my own personal opinion.
    Most people will say that stainless goes with anything but I disagree. In an industrial style design oil rubbed bronze and stainless is OK. In the picture you posted the choice was to go with "old word" or "antique" style and to me stainless does not fit. I would prefer paneled appliances that match the cabinetry.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb