+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crown molding

Default Re: crown molding

"He gives his opinion (which he has plenty of), I check around and do what I want (or can afford)"

Nice to know our house isn't the only place the hubby's (or bf's) opinion is asked for and promptly ignored!!!

She called the other day to see what I thought about the height of a stool she was looking at with respect to the height of our counter. I said I thought it would be too short....she came home with it.

Quote Originally Posted by C Bryan View Post
    Hey, Hey, Hey guys. Dare I open a can of worms. The bf doesn't really get a vote the house is mine. He gives his opinion (which he has plenty of), I check around and do what I want (or can afford)
    Us guys might talk tough, but we know who really runs the household.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

How's that song go?? He sings "I'm gonna wear the pants" and she sings "I'm gonna tell ya which ones to wear" Love it

After 47 years of marriage I can speak with some authority. There are 2 rules that make a marriage last.
    Rule # 1 The man must have the last word.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Oh I almost forgot

Rule #2 The last word must be "Yes dear".

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Jack, we had two rules when we got married also...

Rule #1 is that I get to make all the big important decisions.

Rule #2 is that she tells me when we have a big important decision to be made.

Of course you know we have been very lucky in all our years of marriage that there has never been a big important decision to be made!

I think this just goes to show that there's always a little room for humor when answering serious questions.

Thanks for playing along C, you'll get along well here.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thank you for the information and the fun. I think I'll surf for concrete countertops. Gotta keep one step ahead

Quote Originally Posted by C Bryan View Post
    I think I'll surf for concrete countertops. Gotta keep one step ahead
    Sorry, that ain't gonna happen! Take a look at Walt Deckhouse's thread on his kitchen cabinets that he built and the concrete counter that he poured. Unfortunately, most of the valid info was lost on the last edition of the TOH forum, but there are links to the cabinets and counter top that he built if you skim through the thread. Should you find yourself pouring your own counter tops, I'm sure we could lure Walt back for a few tips.

http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/showt...?t=1162&page=2

Boy you weren't kidding. I did find an article on the site so I guess I'll do it the hard way. I always wanted some kind of table for my back deck so i think i'll take a practice run at that. See how it goes, work the bugs out, I can always destroy it if it's a total disaster (something tells me I'll have a bunch of garden pavers). THEN move to the kitchen countertop project.