+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Unhappy Discontinued flooring

I'm in a bit of a pickle! I've chosen to remove the old wooden planters which separated our livingroom from the original diningroom. What we found is that our Pergo was not installed under the dividers and our flooring was discontinued a long time ago. Consequently, we have two equal spaces on our floor that have no Pergo and the subfloor is visible. I've searched the web and talked to flooring spe******ts to no avail. The best advice I received was to replace the Pergo, which extends from our foyer through the living/dining rooms and down our hallway, with luxury vinyl. (Ranch house) I was quoted $4,000! To do anything less would create too many "floors" in our home and create a choppy look. Does anyone know what I can put in these rectangular spaces so my subfloor won't show and it will look ok? Thanks for any suggestions. N
    Last edited by nancie; 10-06-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Default Re: Discontinued flooring

Take up the flooring in the foyer and use it to patch the area. Install vinyl in the foyer to create a mud room area.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Discontinued flooring

Jack,
    The Pergo in the foyer doesn't match the Pergo in the living room, dining room and hallway. I'm sorry. I didn't explain very well. If it did your solution would be the answer to all my problems. I wish....Thanks for trying. Nancie