+ Reply to Thread

Default Toilet water level

Hi everyone,

We had a problem recently crop up with the toilet in the master bath. All of a sudden, the water has slowly started draining out of the bowl after it refills. The water refills to its normal level, but then slowly (over the course of an hour or so) drops down until there's barely any water left in the bowl. The toilet seems to run just fine, but the low water level makes me nervous. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this and how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Default Re: Toilet water level

Two things come to mind. One you may have a cracked bowl and two you may have something stuck in the toilet that is wicking the water out of the bowl. You could try a toilet snake or remove the toilet and back flush it.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Toilet water level

I agree with Jack, there is probably something siphoning water out of the trap. I've seen it happen with dental floss, try snaking it. The other thing is sometimes on back to back toilets (that's when you have toilets on both sides of a common wall) a new stronger flushing toilet can pull water from the other side.