+ Reply to Thread

Default what color for crown molding

What color do i paint the crown molding? the wall color the ceiling color or a neutral of both?

Default Re: what color for crown molding

its all a matter of personal taste

some people paint crown with the same paint as the rest of the trim, others do it with ceiling paint
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    its all a matter of personal taste

some people paint crown with the same paint as the rest of the trim, others do it with ceiling paint
    I would change that to "ceiling color" rather than ceiling paint. Big difference. Other than that, you're right. I tend to go ceiling color in a semi-gloss finish.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you paint it the color of the walls it will make the walls look taller and the size of the room appear slightly smaller. If you paint it the same color as the ceiling, that ceiling will appear lower, the walls shorter, and the room will appear slightly larger. A contrasting color generally boxes in the room.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

9 times outta a 10 paint grade molding is painted the same color as your existing trim, normally white

Brian
    http://www.thefinishingcompany.net