+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OUR MOST EMAILED QUESTIONS: Practical gift ideas for new homeowners

As a somewhat new homeowner, here's a few items still on my wish list that we really need that would be great gifts.

1. it's a tool; laser wall stud finder that also locates electrical wires so when going to hang anything on a wall you can find the stud and also not cut into hidden electric wires.
    2. assorted sizes of levels.
    3. a stack of lintless plain white dish towels 8 or more; to dry vegetables, dry glasses/dishes. Saves on paper towels and can be bleached.
    4. for fun add a bottle of Maalox.

When I first became a homeowner, somebody gave me an old fashion hand saw, 2' long.

I still have it and now it has a new lease on life: I use it to cut the bottom of door casings to install laminate (instead of a japanese saw).

But for a new homeowner I would present a gift card, or one of those prepaid visa/m-c.

Small tool sets are so useful. As are dish towels.

There are lots of easy home upkeep books out there specifically tailored to new homeowners, and they are very helpful.

A good quality battery operated drill driver is the most used power tool. It can be used for a large variety of jobs including, drilling, driving screws, light duty sanding, etc. It does not need special skills to use and any homeowner - male or female can use one. My wife has her own personal drill driver and I have several.