+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post OUR MOST EMAILED QUESTIONS: Practical gift ideas for new homeowners

Our inboxes here at This Old House ****** runneth over. And, a popular question is "What is a practical, but thoughtful gift for a new homeowner? I want to get something that is creative and useful, without being impersonal. Any ideas?"

What are YOUR answers?

Default Re: OUR MOST EMAILED QUESTIONS: Practical gift ideas for new homeowners

A good claw hammer. It's thematic, and I remember well my new homeowner gift. And like a spare tire, you hope you will never need it, but you will. PS Consider personally engraving it.
    Hidden Content // Editor-in-chief

His and her's tool kit.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

GIFT CARD!

Gift card to a local Building Store is great! No excuse to not buy that little thing you need at the last second.

Old post but I have slowly realized that one of my most useful tools is my wheel barrow. It makes so many jobs in the yard much easier.
    Randy Tibbetts
    Hidden Content

His & Hers Miter Master Plus
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    His & Hers Miter Master Plus
    Does that come in a left handed model?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

lol

dont forget corey and my cell phone numbers along with a gift card to pay for transporting us to the persons home
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Does that come in a left handed model?
    Sure it does Spruceeee. Just remmove the bolt and wing nut and install it thru the opposite side.......

Its a multifunction tool....
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

why not mark both sides of it

or simply package the same tool in a left hand package and a right hand package to confuse canuk
    fire up the saw and make some dust