+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porch Sun Shade

Default Porch Sun Shade

My porch gets direct sunlight 6+ hours a day in summer. I really want some kind of sun shade(s). I would prefer something like a rollup. I would like the sun to be blocked and get some breeze in. I'm not all that concerned about seeing out. I've tried wood shades from HomeDeopt and Lowes but the stupid things are terrible. The mechanisms get stuck all the time and the child safty features causes no end of grief. (The slightest tug on the cords cause them to seperate. Supposed to stop a kid from choking.) I search the Internet and see nothing usable. Besides that they're not wide enough. I need at least 60". Any ideas? I don't mind custom made.

Default Re: Porch Sun Shade

We use the plastic "bamboo" shades on about half of our windows and don't generally have any mechanical problems with them until they've baked in the sun a couple years. They're attractive enough and work well.

A tip, if these will be free hanging in direct wind (away from a wall ), then it's best to either weight the bottom down or attach it to something to keep it from blowing. If it's against a wall, wind generally doesn't do much to them.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Porch Sun Shade

Forgot to mention, they come in widths from 2 inches to 10 feet.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!