+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Info on American Foursquare?

Hello,
    I recently purchased a 1903 American Foursquare, but I really can't find any resources other than the usual "Sears sold these kits".

Does anyone know of a book that covers only American Foursquare houses?
    Thanks so much

Default Re: Info on American Foursquare?

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for your reply and your suggestions.
    I have found that the guides usually only have a paragraph or so about foursquares.
    I would be very interested in the other book you suggested but I'm not sure I can find it.
    Anyway, I'll keep looking.

I'm not sure if you're still searching for information, but I'm sure you've realized that it's incredibly difficult to find any real information about the Foursquare. I'm currently writing my thesis on this style and have had to put together the puzzle from many different sources. If you're still interested in information and can be a little more specific about what you'd like to know, I'd be more than happy to share my bibliography with you or point you in the right direction.
    -Collette

Hi Confetticollette,

I'd love to see your bibliography if you wouldn't mind...we just purchased a 1913 Foursquare and are looking for more info as well. I was going to head for our downtown library and start hitting the books but if you already have a good list put together it would sure help us out! I'd just REALLY like to know what more of the original features (interior AND exterior) would've been like in one of these classic homes. Thanks so much for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by confetticollette View Post
    If you're still interested in information and can be a little more specific about what you'd like to know, I'd be more than happy to share my bibliography with you or point you in the right direction.
    -Collette

What a great thread !

I am fascinated with history.

I would like to hear more.