+ Reply to Thread

Default Whole House Upgrade

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what I might be looking at for cost of upgrading my house from 100amp to 200amp service. The house was built in 1925, about 1200sf, located in Boston area.

Also, what might be the costs for having the electrician add outlets. Is this something I can do on my own after the job is done>?

Default Re: Whole House Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by hcfb67 View Post
    Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what I might be looking at for cost of upgrading my house from 100amp to 200amp service. The house was built in 1925, about 1200sf, located in Boston area.

Also, what might be the costs for having the electrician add outlets. Is this something I can do on my own after the job is done>?
    Unfortunately, it is not possible. In many jurisdictions such and upgrade would require bringing the whole house up to current code. Which could entail rewiring the whole house. I would suggest you contact a couple of locale electrical contractors for estimates.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb