+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lawn problems

Cool Lawn problems

My son lives in Fruitland Md and has a home that is 3 years old. The lawn is starting to die out. We believe it is Kentucky Blue Grass. He has patches of deal lawn, as in a patch that has been sodded, not insects. What can be done to get this lawn back in shape? Can anyone help us. thanks!:

Default Re: Lawn problems

Greetings sjs13,

Sorry to hear about all the dyeing grass. My name is Mike from The Home Depot in Chicago and I’m here to help! There are a few things you can do to help save that lawn. First, how often do you water it? It seems like that may be a key factor in this depending on Mother Nature and summer heat. If watering occurs often then you may want to try to a fertilizer. There are many different kinds of fertilizer out there but you will want to start with a starter fertilizer. This will give the lawn the food it needs to help bring it back to life. Also a high phosphorus fertilizer will help establish roots better. Depending on the time of year you do this, a winterizer may be best due to the cold and snow that occurs. It will help provide the lawn with the food that it’s lacking and help brighten the grass up come early spring. You will need a spreader, but a broadcast spreader would serve this purpose best. On the back of the bags there are numbers to set the spreader to. You will want to go in a vertical direction the first pass and a horizontal direction after you have gone vertical through the whole yard. Then you are going to want to water like crazy.

Within a few weeks you should start to notice that the lawn will be perking up. If you have any pets I would recommend that you leave a small area for them to use so in case they eat some grass they won’t be affected and get sick.

If you have any questions feel free to stop in to your local Home Depot. There will be someone there that will be able to help you in any way. Please feel free to post some pictures and let us know how it goes!

Mike

I'm a Home Depot Store Associate trained and authorized to help people on the Internet.
    Last edited by flyingHDsod; 10-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.