+ Reply to Thread

Question Low water pressure

I am needing to install a water pressure booster pump on our house which is at the end of a rural water system. On one of your previous shows, you installed one and I was wondering if you could please provide me with the make/model etc. I will need to look for an automatic pressure demand system to boost from a low pressure of approx 40 psito a high pressure of approx 65-70 psi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Low water pressure

Quote Originally Posted by hfindley View Post
    I am needing to install a water pressure booster pump on our house which is at the end of a rural water system. On one of your previous shows, you installed one and I was wondering if you could please provide me with the make/model etc. I will need to look for an automatic pressure demand system to boost from a low pressure of approx 40 psito a high pressure of approx 65-70 psi. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I don't know why you need such high pressure, 40 PSI should be adequate most well systems operate in the 20/40 PSI or 30/50 PSI.

But Here's a link to pressure booster pumps http://www.amtrol.com/pressuriser.htm
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Has anyone researched booster pumps like Grundfos, Davey, ITT, etc for the best product? I need to boost 40psi to 70-80psi. Have 5 bathrooms.
    Thanks

I don't have a well, the pressure from city water is only 35-40psi.

It's questionable whether you need higher pressure or larger diameter water lines in you house. Higher pressures provide diminishing return in small diamiter lines.