Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The deep South
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    Fencepost, and you're just NOW catching on that since you're arrival they've been throwing that Leslie crap at you too?!? Kinda slow aren't you?
    Geeezz , now she's talking to her other identity . That's a lame attempt at smoke and mirrors .

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    I think some may be a little confused about what consitutes a complete electrical circuit. A series circuit as well as a parallel circuit must be complete.This is why it is called a circuit. A switch on the other hand, simply makes and breaks the hot lead of a circuit. It in itself is not a circuit. A switch can only be connected in series within the circuit. Hooking a switch in parallel would cause a short circuit. No matter how one runs recepticles(either out of a junction or looping through from recepticle to recepticle, all residential 110v.circuits are wired in parallel.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,068

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    Quote Originally Posted by montwv View Post
    I think some may be a little confused about what consitutes a complete electrical circuit. A series circuit as well as a parallel circuit must be complete.This is why it is called a circuit. A switch on the other hand, simply makes and breaks the hot lead of a circuit. It in itself is not a circuit. A switch can only be connected in series within the circuit. Hooking a switch in parallel would cause a short circuit. No matter how one runs recepticles(either out of a junction or looping through from recepticle to recepticle, all residential 110v.circuits are wired in parallel.
    Unfortunately, the only reason that there is confusion here is that one particular individual likes to muddy issues with assumptions and superfluous information that is not relevant to the topic at hand. Those of us with actual experience understand the issue fully, the original poster wants to install GFCI protection in his kitchen and recommendations for that installation have been given for very commonly found situations. If and when specific wiring information on the OP's home can be ascertained, then we can get into whether or not there are code violations.
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    6,075

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    I just noticed in the BPR quote that Cunk posted she said-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway
    A ceiling box, now that's the latest justification, for the silly diagram, yeah right don't make me laugh. You're equally clueless on your fill restrictions - OP is discussing kitchen ROAR 12 ga. 2.25 cu. in. per conductor. So sad you miss the OBVIOUS SO OFTEN.

    Show me the ...beef...money....pan box with 11+ clamp count. Then GET REAL Because there is NOTHING COMMON OR USUAL ABOUT IT its your own invention didn't pass then wouldn't pass now..


    This really points out her inexperiance and lak of knowlege. She thinks because NEC 2008 requires 20 amp circuits in the kitchen that all houses have upgraded to NEC2008. She also doen't know ther are several differnet sizes of junction boxes which can have a fill count mhigher than 11.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Sorry BPR, but A. Spruce quoted you, to which I responded.
    Then Canuk quoted you to which I responded.
    Again Canuk quoted you to which I am responding here.

    Contrary to what you have can find on Google, 20 amp circuit requirements for kitchens was not always the case.

    Second the drawing shows 4 wire count not eleven so you not only don't have a clue, you can't count.

    Third, the house I own had 6 rooms wired like the lower drawing when I first bought it and a 60 amp service with only 4 circuits. There are still many homes that are wired that way.
    Google that clown!
    Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I just noticed in the BPR quote that Cunk posted she said-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway
    A ceiling box, now that's the latest justification, for the silly diagram, yeah right don't make me laugh. You're equally clueless on your fill restrictions - OP is discussing kitchen ROAR 12 ga. 2.25 cu. in. per conductor. So sad you miss the OBVIOUS SO OFTEN.

    Show me the ...beef...money....pan box with 11+ clamp count. Then GET REAL Because there is NOTHING COMMON OR USUAL ABOUT IT its your own invention didn't pass then wouldn't pass now..

    This really points out her inexperiance and lak of knowlege. She thinks because NEC 2008 requires 20 amp circuits in the kitchen that all houses have upgraded to NEC2008. She also doen't know ther are several differnet sizes of junction boxes which can have a fill count mhigher than 11.
    Jack
    Show me that old box you claim is/was there with star configuration drops for 6 rooms of receptacles and whatever else you claimed from the ceilingsin yours and many other homes. Show me one of these old CEILING installed boxes you claim was often done that was deep enough/wide/long enough for these "common" situations you claimed existed for multiple outlets, oh and be sure to show any other devices/yokes attached to the box(es). Lets see 'em. Let us ALL see them JLMCDANIEL..

    The fill restrictions are OLD.

    Funny you've given up on the nasty name calling and claiming there were only four (not 10 plus at least one) wires/conductors to be counted in your diagram. But in justifying your insults and name calling you claimed you had even GREATER fill considerations throughout your home, and claimed this was common all around you. Wasn't correct then, still not correct now.

    You're the only one that said anything about 2008 NEC, Jack.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shamokin, Pa.
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I just noticed in the BPR quote that Cunk posted she said-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway
    A ceiling box, now that's the latest justification, for the silly diagram, yeah right don't make me laugh. You're equally clueless on your fill restrictions - OP is discussing kitchen ROAR 12 ga. 2.25 cu. in. per conductor. So sad you miss the OBVIOUS SO OFTEN.

    Show me the ...beef...money....pan box with 11+ clamp count. Then GET REAL Because there is NOTHING COMMON OR USUAL ABOUT IT its your own invention didn't pass then wouldn't pass now..


    This really points out her inexperiance and lak of knowlege. She thinks because NEC 2008 requires 20 amp circuits in the kitchen that all houses have upgraded to NEC2008. She also doen't know ther are several differnet sizes of junction boxes which can have a fill count mhigher than 11.
    Jack
    Do what I do. Skip over the long winded posts with little in common with what the OP is asking.
    Especially those that contain the phrase "I'm not an electrician"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    731

    Default Re: GFI outlets on same circuit

    Your're welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •