+ Reply to Thread

Default dirt plies out back

I have a couple dozen dirt mounds about 6" to 12" in diameter by a couple inches high in my back yard. There not to spread out and are confined to a 35' area, could it be moles and how do I get rid of them?? Thanks in advance

Default Re: dirt plies out back

A couple methods come to mind. Opening up the mounds to expose the hole will bring the little buggers to the surface to close them back up. If you've got an attack cat, have him handy, otherwise sit there with a shovel and a beer and wait for them to return and pound the ever loving *!#$ out of them.

Another method is to open one hole, drizzle in some sulfur pellets and burn them with a weed torch. A road flare may work just the same. The sulfer will suffocate the critters - end of story.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

LOL, I should know by now that if I need an answer to a question just ask Sprucey, LOL

Seems to me that if you watch the video Caddyshack the greenskeeper Carl had an effective way of ridding those kind of pesky critters.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    LOL, I should know by now that if I need an answer to a question just ask Sprucey, LOL
    If I don't know the answers it's because you're not asking the right questions.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Are you and Canuck from the same town?? LOL

Why do people keep asking that? Does it sound like I type with a funny accent?

a 20gauge shotgun works well also. it will open the hole up a bit, but it's easy enough to fill back up.

count your blessings, everytime i want to plant a tree i have to dig my own holes

Once they move in, killing them or trapping them are the only ways, because they ain't moving out on their own, especially when they have plenty to eat and no enemies. Good luck.
    To kill them, use poison.
    To trap them, use traps and release them in Colorado.
    Good luck.