+ Reply to Thread

Default How to keep a window open?

I am in the process of selling my house and the buyer is being a stickler about fixing 4 windows in our house that don't stay open. They are old/worn and I would like to know if there is an easy fix? Thanks!!!

Default Re: How to keep a window open?

More info needed. Are they sash style? wood, aluminum. vinyl?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: How to keep a window open?

Quote Originally Posted by mgvetter View Post
    I am in the process of selling my house and the buyer is being a stickler about fixing 4 windows in our house that don't stay open. They are old/worn and I would like to know if there is an easy fix? Thanks!!!
    Thus the "As-Is" aspect of the sale conditions of most previously owned homes with proper disclosures. Cheapest fix - a stick of wood and a means to prop it/secure it in place when operable window sash (hung, casement, hopper, awning, etc.) is opened. Taaa Daaaah!!!

Single hung/double hung, casement, awning, hopper, slider, window(s)?

What type of mechanism? hinge, cord, pulley and weight, spring balancer, springs, what type of operator?

If the usual single or double hung type window - vintage - and more description such as jamb liner or not, etc.

Photo would help too.

Do you really want to get into the realm of this, or just go simple, tell your listing agent As-Is and suggest to the seller's agent they modify their offer or accept a repair allowance of a minor amount per window back at the settlement/closing transaction.