+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Unhappy hardwood floors saturated with animal waste

I want to know how to remove animal waste odor from hardwood floors, that look to be in fairly good shape otherwise. Is it possible to get it all out, or would it be a better idea to just pull the floors and start new? I'm not sure what kind of coating was over the floors before. Thanks.

Default Re: hardwood floors saturated with animal waste

Try a diluted mix of water and vinegar before you pull the floor...Nothing to loose...and if that kills the odor than sand the floor, and seal it after its dead dry (use a moisture meter).
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

You might try a product called Nature's Miracle (I think it's aptly named), which is an enzymatic cleaner. Just follow the directions on the bottle. I use it for everything from nosebleeds to... and so far it hasn't let me down. No connection to the company. best, M

I am having the same problem with a house im looking to buy, the largest room on the first floor has a very strong cat odor to it. Some people that I have spoken to have said the best course is to replace the entire flooring, but that can be expensive. The reason they gave for the entire removal was due to other pets they had, we may not smell it but they can, and will continue to go there if they smell it. I am willing to try anything myself though.