+ Reply to Thread

Default Dual Flush Toilet Retrofit Kit with **** Activator?

I saw the ATOH episode where Richard helped a homeowner install a dual flush retrofit kit (Hydroright Dual Flush Retrofit + Hydroclean Fill Valve). I did the same in one of my bathrooms and it works like a charm.

I want to do it for my other bathroom, but all the faucets and other hardware there are in **** finish. I tried looking ****** for a dual-flush retrofit kit with a **** actuator (i.e. the part that is outside the tank, with the two buttons) - the Hydroright has a chrome knob - but could not find one. Would any of you know of options for me?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Sridhar; 07-23-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Default Re: Dual Flush Toilet Retrofit Kit with **** Activator?

It's a numbers game with the greater percentage of finishes being within the chrome range and the **** being lower ranked in numbers.

No offense but --- either you choose to make the change out with the chrome finish and accept it or change the other fixtures to a chrome finish or leave things as is.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Thanks! Unfortunately, the **** fixtures predate our purchase of the house and it would be too expensive to change all of them. I guess I cannot retrofit that toilet then.

It's your choice as to water savings or aesthetics.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Maybe if the exposed parts are metal, you could send them off to have them **** plated. A good compromise on aesthetics and the cost of changing all the fixtures in the room.

Don't do that! It really rarely looks good then! It is difficult to make it look the way you picture it to yourself..

I wrote to the manufacturer, and apparently they make a white button. They offered to ship it to me. Without seeing the white button, I am unable to visualize if it would be better than just using the chrome button (or not doing anything at all). But I thought it would be useful for others to know that even though they don't advertise it, they do manufacture a white button.