+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dueling Toilets

Default Dueling Toilets

In my 2 year old home I have 2 bathrooms. Often times when I flush the toilet in the main bathroom the tank fills normally but when it stops the toilet in the master bath begins a short refill cycle - approximately 5 seconds. I find this annoying but is this indicative of a problem that needs to be fixed? If yes, what do you suggest I do?
    Gary

Default Re: Dueling Toilets

Quote Originally Posted by denisga View Post
    In my 2 year old home I have 2 bathrooms. Often times when I flush the toilet in the main bathroom the tank fills normally but when it stops the toilet in the master bath begins a short refill cycle - approximately 5 seconds. I find this annoying but is this indicative of a problem that needs to be fixed? If yes, what do you suggest I do?
    you've made a series of posts complaining about a series of toilet problems. I suggest you visit http://www.toiletology.com/ and begin your self-education.

Probably have higher water pressure. The fill level on the other toilet is set to top of flush tube. When toilet 1 shuts off water hammer occurs and toilet 2 bounces on for a second or two. Solution: is lower water level in toilet 2
    The older style ball and float fill valves will not handle as much pressure as the Fluidmaster fill valves.
    Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies. I have lowered the level in toilet 2 and we'll see how it works. Thanks again.
    Gary