+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gurgling Drain

Default Gurgling Drain

I have a 2 year old bathroom. About six months ago I began noticing that when I use the sink, the drain gurgles. The water goes down with good speed but shortly after all water has exited the sink there will be small gurgling sounds from the drain. Gurgling can also be heard from the sink drain when the toilet is flushed.
    Is this something to worry about? If yes, what should I do about it.
    Gary

Default Re: Gurgling Drain

Sounds like one of the vent stacks may be blocked. If you are not comfortable with heights and roofs, call a plumber/contractor to come check them out for you.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

you've made a series of posts complaining about toilet problems. i suggest you visit
    http://www.toiletology.com/ and begin your self-education.

Thanks! I went to toiletology101. Learned a lot. Also am concluding that it may be a vent issue. This weekend I'll check to see if they are snow or ice covered. If not, it's a job for the pros.
    Gary

FYI, the suction slug of a properly performing and well vented toilet near a sink (lavatory) or other fixture with an S trap or an unvented or improperly vented P trap (which when not properly installed and/or vented becomes an S trap) will often cause a gurgle at the sink as the trap is syphoned dry or nearly dry.