+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default 1950's bathroom tile replacement

I have a 1957 bathroom vanity that has the square 4"x4" peachy-pink colored tile countertop/backsplash. Where can I find tile to replace the ones that have been damaged?

Default Re: 1950's bathroom tile replacement

Might have to try and have them custom matched. There are quite a few places on the net that you can send dimensions and a sample of the tile and they will do their best to match it. Finding one out of the blue that matches will be extremely difficult.

I too am looking for someone to create replacement tiles that match our vintage tile. I have had trouble finding companies that do this. Any suggestions on where to find one?

I am currently replacing my vanity, which is a pinky peach tile from the 1950's. I can email you a picture of the tile to see if it matches yours.

It is hard to get an exact match, even more with somewhat uncommon colors, however before paying $$$$ for custom matches, I would stop by or place a call to some local tile or flooring stores. A local store near me has thousands of extras and doesn't mind if I borrow one to match. Two tricks : you have to do the searching and make sure the light in the bathroom is favorable for making the color match.

Quote Originally Posted by BungalowRemodeler View Post
    I too am looking for someone to create replacement tiles that match our vintage tile. I have had trouble finding companies that do this. Any suggestions on where to find one?
    I am re-doing a 1950's bath with the peachy pink tile and need some bullnose and a few squares. Do you happen to have any left?

My nephew just broke on of our vintage tiles on the bathroom countertop. Where can we find a dark teal counter edge? Its about 6 or 8 inches long. Home built in 1956 and we're trying to get it ready to sell....help!