We want to replace all the flooring in our concrete block home. We currently have ceramic tile over concrete in every room of our house. It was laid by the previous owner who was a moron. None of the lines are straight, the floor is uneven and wavy, the tile is 12" white with 1/2" black grout lines. I HATE IT! Our problem is, we have a somewhat open floor plan. You can see the livingroom, hallway, dinning room and kitchen from the front door. We are torn as to whether or not we can go with different floors in each room or because of the open floor plan do we have to put the same floor in each room to keep it from looking retarded? If we can use different floors, do we need to make each room distinct and if so how? I also have an unrelated question that I'll post here and in a different category. We want to replace all the drywall in the house and all the electrical. Would it be easier and more cost effective to remove all drywall and have an electrician come in and rewire the whole house or do it on a room by room basis (remove drywall in one room, call electrican, then put up new drywall then move on to the next room)?