fieldstone info, please
I bought an old 1790 stone house about a year ago and have just started to find mold in the basement. From what I understand, these houses were built so that the basement walls would acclimate to the water table and so sealing the basement off is a bad idea. On the other hand, scrubbing it out because of the crumbly quality of the morter, plaster, and stone. I was going to spray a bleach solution, but I've heard new guidelines saying that the dead mold spores are as unhealthy as the live. So, what do I do? ( I already have a dehumidifier, for all the good that does).
Tags for this Thread