+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaning garage

Default Leaning garage

I have a leaning garage it leans in two directions. One of the causes for this is that the garage is just sitting on the foundation with nothing other than gravity holding it. I’m going to connect the garage to the foundation first. What is the best way to connect a building to a foundation that is all ready built? After I get that done I will use some hand winches (some people call them come a longs) and straighten the garage and then reinforce it with some Steel T-Bracing so that it will not start leaning again as soon as I take the hand winches off.

Default Re: Leaning garage

You can get a system to epoxy the anchor bolts into the foundation at the big box stores and I'm sure most lumber yards. I have never used them however so I can't tell you how well they work or if its the best method. You could check with your local building official and see what they recommend for this purpose.

Mike

Default Re: Leaning garage

Get yourself some 3-1/2 " wedge anchores --- use a hammer drill with a concrete bit to drill through the bottom plate of the walls into the concrete pad --- hammer in the wedge anchor and tighten. Personally , there shouldn't be a need to use expoxy though it won't hurt.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush