+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Backyard lighting options?

Thanks for all your help on the house so far!

I'm in the process of fencing in my backyard using 6' privacy fence. Its in the city so its not huge but it is odd shaped. I need to add some lighting, since this will be a play/otside area for the dog. The garage is attached to the house via a breezeway. Hard to describe so I added some pics. I will be putting more fenceboard on the inside of the fence also, thats why it looks soo goofy (bad) right now!

The "main" entry to the backyard will be through the garage. Currently there is a set of motion lights above the door. I will replace this with a set of wall mounted porch lights on either side of the door. Problem is the area along side the house itself will still be very dark at night.

I want to add some kind of solar lighting. The neighbors house/driveway is on the other side of the fence so I dont need super bright spotlights, just something to light up the general area. From the house to the fence is about 12' wide with a length to the "main" backyard about 40'. I think with the two porch lights on the garage the main yard area will be fine.

What sort of lights should I be looking at? I've seen the 4x4 post lights but havent found one that actually shines straight down (all seem to shine "outward" ). Any ideas?

-back corner of garage facing house-

-far corner of yard facing house-

-frontmost view from house to rear of yard (lighting problem area) -

Default Re: Backyard lighting options?

Pic of main entryway from garage-