+ Reply to Thread

Question Garage door Jambing going Up

Can anyone tell me how to align garage door tracks? My door jambs when the hinges of the 2nd and 3rd, 3rd and 4th, 4th and 5th panels are at the "bend" in the track (when going up only... down is fine... could be the overload settings on or up down is out of adjustment...so it might fault on down too if I lower the down setting overload). It appears to me that the rails are out of alignment. When I operate the door manual it isn't as bad, however with the opener hooked up it trips it out almost everytime on every panel. It also makes a horrible screaching sound. I need to make sure the joint is aligned, but how do I make sure the side to side (center to center of the tracks) is correct? How do I adjust it. I bought all new rollers and I am going to replace them all (even if they aren't bad) this door is ticking me off. Also this is a tall door, 10ft tall, I would like to replace the opener next year. I saw some screw drive chamberlain (sp?) in the store, they had a $30 option for a 8 ft door... do I have to buy 3 of these options for my door? or does someone make a door opener that is more cost effective for a big door. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by livinglarge; 12-24-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: can't spell