+ Reply to Thread

Default Dead outside outlets

We purchased a house "AS IS" (built in 2000), the house has 6 AC outlets outside...and none of them work. By code I know these outlets must be GFI protected, but I have been unable to locate one for these outlets. They are not tied to the GFI breakers for the garage or bathrooms. I've called two electricians and neither could find the problem. I did tone the outlets out and they are connected together but I can't find a path to the main breaker panel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Dead outside outlets

Rather than a GFI breaker those receptacles could be feed by a GFCI receptacle somewhere in/around the house. Check any GFCI receptacles to see if any are tripped.
    Last edited by canuk; 07-13-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Rather than a GFI breaker those receptacles could be feed by a GFCI receptacle somewhere in/around the house. Check any GFCI receptacles to see if any are tripped.
    Yup, you'll find a standard GFI outlet in the garage, exterior outlets, bathrooms, and kitchens. Search the entire house for them.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Also check to see if you have a switch that does not seem to do anything. It may turn on the outside outlets.

Mike