+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy condensating vents

When trying to keep the condensation out of the basement ductwork from sweating vents,and using a dehumidifier, should we keep the windows closed? It is part cellar and part crawl space. I can`t decide if we need the windows open a little for air flow or closed from the humidity?

Default Re: condensating vents

I would think if your trying to dehumidify a space you would keep the windows closed otherwise your letting in more humid air

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    I would think if your trying to dehumidify a space you would keep the windows closed otherwise your letting in more humid air
    ... or trying to dehumidify the whole country
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Wink Re: condensating vents

Yes, I know your right! As soon as I tried it and opened a window, it was condensating way worse!!!! Thanks for responding!

problem is, you can close the windows but if it's a vented crawlspace you're still pulling in moisture from outside.
    The Ghetto way to do it would be to ensure you have a great poly coverage on the ground in the crawlspace (assuming it's not concrete) and plug the vents with thermax.
    Or, get your state code and a quality contractor in your area to do it!
    Helping Homeowners understand the Typical Causes and Solutions to Hidden Content issues!