+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help with design.

I hope this pic works. I want to put in a deck or patio here, but the yard slopes down from the house. Aprox, 10 inches from house. And I have cement steps with a platform coming from the upper door to the lower door. How can I hide these steps with decking and have a deck off of that? I have been playing with a program I have but that doesnt help me with the steps. I realy dont want to rip them out that is too much trouble and hard work and our age.
    The second pic is standing next to house, so deck will butt up against garden and we want to put a walkway to bridge.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/tinylady/gardens/begining.jpg[/IMG

]
    Marie Kap

Default Re: Need help with design.

How about a two teir deck. The drawing below is rough and no proportional but convaes the idea.
    Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	1927  
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

That is what I was thinking Jack. To do wood steps over the cement ones but have the higher step come out forming a upper deck and then the lower steps come out to a lower deck. I also want the upper deck to join in with the deck to the pool which is to the left of the picture. The small boardwalk to the left in the pic goes to the pool deck.
    Marie Kap

Sorry, but I don't see the board walk. Perhaps a picture taken from the right side showing the whole back of the house and the pool would be helpful.
    Jack

IN front of the hose you can see it. That leads to the pool deck steps. It is about 6ft long then the steps begin.I will get another pic and post it.
    Marie Kap

Me standing on pool deck.
    Marie Kap

Here's what I had in mind

The upper deck is at the upper door threashold level and replaces the boardwalk, the lower deck is at the lower door level.
    Jack

Smile Re: Need help with design.

That is about what I had in mind. The pool deck does not go up to the house so I was going to have to bring that deck out and then turn to go to the back door with steps going down behind the pool deck. Then going the same way you have pictured.I guess I was on the right track after all.

Thanks
    Marie
    Marie Kap