+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default toilet leak at tank

Can some one tell me where the problem is. My toilet leaks at the tank only when it is flushed. If it is not being used ,it doesn t leak at all. All is dry.

Thanks again

Default Re: toilet leak at tank

Could be the seal between the tank and the stool or the small line on the fill-valve that goes to the overflow may have come loose and is spraying the lid and running down the back.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

You need to replace the tank to bowl gasket. At the same time I would also replace the tank bolts, nuts & washers. You can get a kit at the big box stores.

John

Let's go back to JLMcDaniels reply. Remove the tank top and make sure the line to the overflow has not come loose. Fixing this takes only 5 minutes and costs nothing. Only after eliminating this would I start checking the seal at the bottom of the tank.

Before removing the tank, turn off the water and hold the flush valve open. Then, take a wet vac and remove the rest of the water. Really saves on clean-up and mopping.

Hi l.bro,
    I have the same problem. I called plumber and he changes the valve. Try follow instructions you get from other members. Hope it will fix your tank leakage.

I also have the same problem.
    Before removing the tank, turn off the water and hold the flush valve open. Then, take a wet vac and remove the rest of the water.

vinyl windows richmond