+ Reply to Thread

Default washing machine stops at rinse cycle

My washing machine is about 10 years old. It runs fine for the wash part of the cycle, but as soon as the timer comes around to rinse, it stops. it won't drain the wash water, it won't do anything. Someone told me it might be a broken tooth on the timer, but I don't think that's it. What else could it be, and can I fix it?

Default Re: washing machine stops at rinse cycle

I had a similar problem with mine a few years ago. It's pretty common for the contacts within the timer to burn out. After replacing mine the washer ran for another year before needing to be replaced. It too was about 10 years old.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Because it is not going into the spin cycle to empty, the most likely culprit is the lid switch. It could be the tab is broken off the the lid or the switch itself is bad.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

thanks for the ideas. in either case (timer contacts or lid switch), how hard would it be to replace the faulty part? We're basically talking screws and electrical connections, right?

The timer was a fairly simple thing, just a couple screws to remove the face plate and the switch was attached to the back of it. The lid switch will probably be a bit harder to access, but not impossible.

Best thing to do is find the owners manual ****** if you don't have a copy of it already and look for the exploded parts view, it will help with figuring out how to take things apart.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!