+ Reply to Thread

Question no water from kitchen faucet

At some point, every day, my kitchen sink totally loses water pressure. This can happen 2-3 times in a single day. It can have great pressure one second, and be drip dry the next second. It doesn't necessary seem to be related to using other faucets in the house. After it goes dry, if I leave the tap on long enough, sometimes a couple hours, a drip, drip, will turn into a small stream of water and eventually I have full water pressure again. I'm on city water so it's not a well issue. How can air be getting into the water line?? Does anybody have any ideas on what could cause this??

Default Re: no water from kitchen faucet

Quote Originally Posted by lbargmann View Post
    At some point, every day, my kitchen sink totally loses water pressure. This can happen 2-3 times in a single day. It can have great pressure one second, and be drip dry the next second. It doesn't necessary seem to be related to using other faucets in the house. After it goes dry, if I leave the tap on long enough, sometimes a couple hours, a drip, drip, will turn into a small stream of water and eventually I have full water pressure again. I'm on city water so it's not a well issue. How can air be getting into the water line?? Does anybody have any ideas on what could cause this??
    First have you cleaned the aerator screen on the faucet? do you have: a water filter device in-line to the faucet or attached to it? single handle faucet or two handle? sprayer, if so is it separate from the faucet or functions as the faucet spout, also do you have an attachment to the business end of the spout that allows you to change the type of flow, IOW from regular flow to spray? dishwasher, and if yes does this occur when or just after the dishwasher is in use?

Default Re: no water from kitchen faucet

This is only the kitchen faucet, and when it's doing nothing the other faucets in the house are fine?

Is it just the hot, just the cold, or both?

If it's all the faucets in the house, do neighbors have a problem?

If you have flexible plastic pipes in the walls or under the sink, is there a kink in one?