+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Water

Default Hot Water

I have three bathrooms in the house. All are recently renovated. The problem is with the middle bathroom. It looses hot water after about three minutes of running. It has a two handle fancet with a center handle diverter. It has 1/2" copper piping plumbed to it. All of the other fixtured get plenty of hot water. The tub/shower is the only problem.
    I checked the seats and washers and replaced all thinking that a washer had come loose.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Hot Water

anti-scald or temperature control on this mixer valve or if it just happens in the shower position - the shower head or arm itself has one.

guessing it takes about 3 minutes or so for the water in the lines to get hot enough at the mixer valve or the shower head to trigger the pin.

might be faulty, sediment deposits, etc. might just need an adjustment.

wonder if the temperature of the DHW is a bit high.

anyway you don't say if you just get warm water or cooler water after this "loss" of hot water or if the entire shower head drops to a dribble.

if you post back with more info, then we'll know. for now we'd just be guessing.

Default Re: Hot Water

I've lived in my house for 30 years and have always had a problem with the hot water (hot water heater is located in the garage) providing sufficient and rapid hot water to our back master bathroom. The shower doesn't have the problem but sometimes I have to run the sink faucet for 3 to 4 minutes before it warms up. Any ideas of how and what I can do to get faster response (I would say the back bedroom is probably 40 feet from the garage water heater. Thanks