Default Installing central air

I am looking at buying a house built in 1900. No central air, currently no AC of any sort and baseboard heat. I imagine it would be expensive, but what would the likely price range be to install HVAC duct work and a heat pump in a 3200 sq-ft house?

Thanks!

Default Re: Installing central air

Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024@hotmail.com View Post
    I am looking at buying a house built in 1900. No central air, currently no AC of any sort and baseboard heat. I imagine it would be expensive, but what would the likely price range be to install HVAC duct work and a heat pump in a 3200 sq-ft house?

Thanks!
    Depend on the size of the house and where it is. But, roughy, $15,000.00 should get er done. This assumes the electrical wiring is okay in the home.
    But, remember, it adds instant value to the home.

Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024@hotmail.com View Post

Thanks!
    Boy, I sure didn't read the post thoughly! 3,200 sq. ft. is a large home. I beter say $20,000.

Gulp, good to know. Thanks.

I asked about wiring update costs in another thread. Something I can do myself, but probably not in the short time period required as I wouldn't have time to open all the walls, run the write, new boxes, new panel, inspected and close it up without driving my wife mad and with two very young children under foot in an unsafe house.

Certainly wouldn't have the time, and I don't have the expertise to do an HVAC install myself.