+ Reply to Thread

Default basement is cold while a/c is on

We have a 3 story townhouse (basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor)while the whole house is set to a comfortable temperature of 68 degrees the basement is always so much colder (feels like 10 degrees colder). The basement is finished and we cant use it because its cold, we are at a loss and we don't know what to do. The man cave is getting neglected, can you please help us?

Default Re: basement is cold while a/c is on

You could go to the supply dampers and close them a little bit, if that doesn't work just close them a little more. Or if you want to spend a few bucks you could have you townhouse zoned

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    You could go to the supply dampers and close them a little bit, if that doesn't work just close them a little more. Or if you want to spend a few bucks you could have you townhouse zoned
    I wouldnt mind spending some bucks, how much would it run?
    Is this something a do it yourselfer could do? If so what would I need to buy?
    thanx

I would be better if you got an HVAC Contractor to install zone valves and control board, it's not a DIY job. Cost would depend on what he needs for material and labor involved, $1500.00 more or less. It's not a major job but get a few quotes, about 5 and if you don't already have a company that does work on your system call around and try to get someone reputable
    Last edited by Sten; 07-07-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Bad quote