+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Bubbling up of paint on ceiling

This is the only place in my home that this is occurring. It started to appear in a brief time period (over the course of about two weeks). Ever though it doesn't feel hot to the touch, the paint on my ceiling, is bubbling up (with a crocodile-like feel) on (roughly) one square foot of space. You will notice that in my picture, there is a crack in the ceiling (that has been there for years where as the issue with paint is very recent). I don't believe this has anything to do with the light (or any heat that might be radiating off of it) or the existing hairline crack. My fear is that this is related to a possible fire that occurred above the ceiling (but beneath the floor above it). Not that a known fire has occurred but I thought that maybe it could have happened inside the wall. Has anyone heard of (or seen) similar issues like this? Is it possible that it is just the paint peeling in a strange way? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06636.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	3627  

Default Re: Bubbling up of paint on ceiling

Hi you have a leak a small one that is staining the ceiling and causing the bubbling.

Thanks for the reply! I checked the room above, but the are no water pipes in the area and I was able to rule out water damage. Do you think it could be something else?

Hi, room above a bathroom.? Could be a waster line leak not just a supply line. I have seen hundreds of ceiling water damaged claims sure looks like one. Any roof pipes in the area above this as the pipe flashing collars wear out and a little water rnins down the pipe and stains ceilings.

This room is not above (or below) a bathroom. A bedroom is above it...

Hi perhaps some pone spilled water on the floor or over watered a plant maybe.