+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wiring diagram review

Quote Originally Posted by deadshort View Post
    It's "Lang, Lois"?

You southerners are in a world of your own. JK.
    Nah , down here , it's Long - wah . ( like when the Doctor tells you to " say ahh " )

There's some minor variations on that too . Go figure . How about it Doug ? How do you pronounce it ?
    Last edited by djohns; 06-22-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    Nah , down here , it's Long - wah . ( like when the Doctor tells you to " say ahh " )

There's some minor variations on that too . Go figure . How about it Doug ? How do you pronounce it ?
    Depends how pretentious I'm feeling. Technically from the original French it's pronounced 'Lang-lu-wah', but generally I pronounce it to rhyme with bang-noise, which is how my family always said it. I'm English (but living in the states), by the way.

But I've heard Langloy, Langwah, Languwah, Langley, Langless, Lang Lois (as in Lois Lane) not to mention the classic "Lang... Lang...Lang... DOUG!". Spelling is a whole other ball game - I once saw my name spelled Doug Van Langlollen - I've no idea where they got that one...

Interesting .

Personally I pronounce it Doug.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post

Around here the French folk would pronounce it something like .... Lang - wah
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Personally I will always remember Doug Lane-Lois. 'Merican Name! By golly!

Doug probably thinks we are nuts here. Doug? I am the only certified nut case here that I know of and think the rest of these folks are more than likely okay............
    It's hard to take deadshort seriously, after all his motto is "Let us remove your shorts".

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Personally I will always remember Doug Lane-Lois. 'Merican Name! By golly!

Doug probably thinks we are nuts here. Doug? I am the only certified nut case here that I know of and think the rest of these folks are more than likely okay............
    Haha, in my experience most everyone is at least a little nuts (wirenuts?). Those as admit it are normally among the more sane.

Me? I'm completely sane. I have the discharge papers to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Around here the French folk would pronounce it something like .... Lang - wah
    That's one of the many variations here too .

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_Fergler View Post
    That is what I though. Like I said not very impressed with the model I removed, as it looked like a dreaded Federal-Pacific copy-cat.
    That is precisely what I am informed it is. I did a bit of research on the web and found horrific examples of failures - outlets that literally caught fire without the breaker tripping, evidence of arcing in the panel, etc, etc...

They apparently have a 25% failure rate (failure to trip on overload). Needless to say I'm not so happy having these things protecting my family...

The GC that built the house originally lives two doors down from me. Maybe I should post him the bill.