+ Reply to Thread

Question Remote Control Paddle Fan Questions?

Looking for a fan that has a wireless remote control that can be use to change the speed of the fan being it is on the 2nd floor of a building but not easy way to get to it being it is open down to the first floor. Do not want to have a pull chain hanging down to reach it to adjust the speed. What brands make this kind of fan? Nothing fancy just something to move the air. It also has a light attached to it. Has 2 3Way Switches controlling it now.

Or can you buy just a module kit that can be added to make it remote control on an existing fan?

Thanks,
    MMeehan
    Last edited by MMeehan; 06-20-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: Remote Control Paddle Fan Questions?

Remote control fans are out there, you just have to look for them.

We bought one from Costco 12 years ago with a remote and within months the remote quit working. I'd recommend sticking with name brand and a better quality, you're not going to want to have to service the module or replace the fan anytime soon.

Another though would be to just wire the fan to a switch, and leave it on high. At the height you're installing it, you're going to need maximum air flow all the time anyway, you don't really need the remote for speed control, just a way to turn it on/off.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks just looking at what options are available out there.

MMeehan

Most fan manufacturers make fans with options for remotes. Note that not all remotes will work with all fans. e.g. a remote that varies voltage for a DC motor will not work in a fan with an AC motor. Get a remote system specifically designed for your fan.

I recently bought and installed several fans with remotes and, so far, am happy.

Regards