+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Double log in necessary lately

I've noticed the last couple times i have had to login twice. The first attempt just kicks me out to the main page, I re-enter the login info and then can get in. Is it just me?

Default Re: Double log in necessary lately

Nope same here for me. It is more than an inconvenience when I'm not logged in and I try to reply to a post then after being kicked to the home page I loose the thread I was trying to reply to. Makes me not want to use the board until it's fixed.

No, you're not the only one. We suspect that TOH has been doing some back office work that has caused this "glitch".
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I think Blueridge Parkway's on to the problem with this 'glitch' being a part of HOW spammers are getting our e-mail addresses.

I think this double log in redirects out e-mail addresses & inof.

Had to log on twice two weeks ago which was the first time in many months in here and started getting all sorts of unwanted 'spam'. Recreated my user account with a different e-mail address and logged on last week, and "***" there's the spam again!

TOH has implemented some new security measures over the past few months which causes the necessity for me to log in every day. Once I log in I'm "remembered" for the rest of the day and I can come and go as I please. The issue seems to be rebooting my computer which somehow clears/breaks the recognition of my computer to TOH.

Now, when I do maintenance and clear my cache and cookies I have to log in twice the first time I return to TOH. I receive very little spam, I seriously doubt that there is a connection between your log in practices here and the spam you're receiving. I would be more suspect of other sites/email you encounter from general surfing habits rather than a direct issue here. You may also want to check your firewall and scan your system for critters that are facilitating the spam infections.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!