+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: quarter round in kitchen remodel

Quote Originally Posted by lburtrk View Post
    We remodeled our kitchen. We have painted white base and quarter round throughout the house and would like to do the same in the kitchen. My question is what do I do for the quarter round around the cabinets? It seems odd to have the white quarter round and then stained around the cabinet but also just as odd with white quarter round on the cabinets as well.
    Insight and pics if any would be appreciated.
    Hi, just had to add my two cents worth in. I do this for a living on mostly new homes from small garden type homes to large custom homes. I have 35 yrs experience. I have never seen anybody do it the way some of the others have said. I use quarter round painted on painted baseboard and stained qtr rnd on the cabinets. This looks fine, I don't have pictures of shoe moulding as it is just too basic. I hope this helps.

nova scotia, canada

Default Re: quarter round in kitchen remodel

i personally call laminate "delaminate" ive never seen a laminate floor last 5 years, pieces of it buckle or get scratched

scary how it seems like alot of newer building products are turning into 5-10 year products, meaning they have to be replaced in that time
    fire up the saw and make some dust