+ Reply to Thread

Question Best decking in full sun?

We have a deck with a screened in porch beneath it. Currently we have PVC decking material which has warped badly. You can see where each deck joist is located as the decking slopes down in between them. This catches and holds a lot of water and dirt and looks terrible. The deck is on the south side of our house and gets almost constant sun exposure. I would like to replace the boards, but don't know what the best material would be for this situation. We live in Minnesota, so it must also handle cold. I want something that won't warp or get overly hot. Thank you!

Default Re: Best decking in full sun?

stick with wood, the idea of composite is good with how it is rot resistant and all but it doesnt handle extreme climates well. ive done a few of them and i can tell you 3 years later they look like hell compare to the wood ones
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Default Re: Best decking in full sun?

We have a south facing deck made from Trex. It is in full sun and we have all the extreme weather here. It is a little over 2 years old and looks great. We love that there are no splintering for the kids to run around on and that we don't have to restain.